In this blog I will be investigating where you can find the breakdown SerpApi’s subscription plans, the plans that SerpApi has to offer on these pages and the makeups of the plans.
On the main page of SerpApi, we can find a few of the lower use case plans and some of their attributes:
- Developer: $50/month for 5,000 successful searches per month
- Production: $130/month for 15,000 successful searches per month with Legal US Shield
- Big Data: $250/month for 30,000 successful searches per month with a Legal US Shield and a Medium Throughput
First off, what is the Legal US Shield? It is best to be interpreted with a legal counsel if you are a commercial user, but it basically states that
SerpApi will assume liability of scraping and parsing search engine results for both domestic and foreign companies (— “Legal US Shield” —) unless your usage is otherwise illegal.
You can read more about our Terms of Service and what is in included in the Legal US Shield here.
Next up is this feature of “Medium Throughput”. Throughput’s dictionary definition is:
the rate of production or the rate at which something is processed.
And in terms of our API this refers to our Hourly Throughput. It is typically 20% of your monthly subscription searches. So for an example of our Big Data plan: 20% of 30,000 successful monthly searches is equal to 6,000 searches per hour.
The next page for High Volume Plans on SerpApi’s website was:
Located on the site there is a breakdown of three plans:
- Searcher Plan: 100,000 successful searches per month, Legal US Shield, and High Throughput
- Volume Plan: 250,000 successful searches per month, Legal US Shield, and Very High throughput
- Infrastructure Plan: 1,000,000 successful searches per month, Legal US Shield and Ultra High throughput
Finally, when you sign up for a plan you have the ability to change your plan on your dashboard (please note you have to have an account):
This is where you can find the enterprise plans:
- Cloud 2M Search Plan: 2,000,000 successful searches per month, Legal US Shield, and High Throughput
- Cloud 3M Search Plan: 3,000,000 successful searches per month, Legal US Shield, and High Throughput
- Cloud 4M Search Plan: 4,000,000 successful searches per month, Legal US Shield, and High Throughput
When you change your plan on the dashboard you have option for Ludicrous Speed. Ludicrous Speed uses twice the proxy resources to get each search. It allows faster and more consistent response times. And doubles your subscription costs.
SerpApi also can handle searches above these volumes. Please reach out to email@example.com if you are looking for plans above 4,000,000 searches per month. Our base rate per 1,000 searches for custom enterprise plans is $2.00 but we discount based on volume.
You can sign-up for SerpApi here: https://serpapi.com/
You can find the SerpApi user forum here: https://forum.serpapi.com/
You can find the API documentation here: https://serpapi.com/search-api/